Filling The Gaps In Patients’ Teeth
What Is A Flipper?
A flipper tooth is a removable, temporary tooth replacement for patients who have lost a tooth due to disease or injury while they wait for their permanent implant. Flippers are very easy to pop in and out, which is particularly useful for keeping them clean. Another benefit to a dental flipper is that you can eat comfortably with it in!
Common Types Of Dental Flippers
There are four basic types of removable flippers.
- Removable dental flipper or retainer. This type of flipper looks just like an orthodontic retainer, except that it has a tooth or teeth attached to fill in the gaps of your natural teeth.
- Delineator. This type is very similar to a removable retainer type, but it’s made of more pliable material and is only suitable for some patients.
- Essix style retainer. This type is basically an invisible aligner tray that has a tooth or teeth in it.
- Snap-on smile. This type covers multiple teeth and resembles a removable bridge.
How Do I Know If I’m A Candidate For A Flipper?
If you’re looking for a way to fill in those gaps while you wait for a dental implant, call (281) 493-3368 or
(281) 496-6448 or email us. Dr. Kondapaneni will be able to determine which type of flipper will be best for your situation so that you can have your complete smile back!